Thursday, October 9, 2014

Seventh Day Adventist Testimonies

"...On the day I was baptized I felt like a whole new person. Since that day, I have been spending more time with the Lord in my everyday life. I am convinced that the decision I made to get baptized was exactly what I needed in my life and I could not be happier. I thank God everyday for all of the wonderful people in my life who have helped me through everything and have supported me through this amazing transition into my new life in Christ."

-Tonya Laufenburg's Testimony


"I am an Adventist because the Bible teaches us that 'If any man lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.' [James1:5 KJV] -I was lacking this wisdom and I asked God and He led me to the Adventist Church."

-from "I am an Adventist because…", by Nasralla Salib
[Unfortunately, this site is no longer functioning]


"I am Adventist because I believe that Adventists follow the Bible more than other religions and I believe that the Bible should be the standard for my life. Also I feel convicted by the Holy Spirit that the Adventist church is the church that God wants me to be a part of."

-from comment on "Why are you an Adventist?", by reddit user Wertley


"Born and raised SDA. I left at age sixteen and came back at age forty five. God led me back to SDA over the course of ten years. It was a slow process of elimination. I was seeking answers and God narrowed the path until there was only one direction to go. SDA teaches directly from scripture, follows the Ten Commandments and is actively aware of and preaches prophecy... There were so many things that led me back to SDA and I have no doubt that God had a hand in it. I had too many events happen in my life that were beyond coincidence. God wanted me here and that's where I'm staying."

-from comment on "Why are you an Adventist?", by reddit user FrethKindheart


"We are told in Matthew 18:20, 'For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.' There is a holiness you feel in such a presence that can't be described any other way than God's presence. I've also seen the Holy Spirit in action too many times to count. It's not a physical manifestation, but a spiritual one, in others.
...I have a friend who confided in me the other day about the difficult time she's having. She mentioned she was thinking of going to church because of it. I witnessed to her and gave her instruction on how to pray and ask God for help. She did so and her own prayers were answered.  This is all God, not me."

-from comment on "Have you, as Adventists, had spiritual experiences, answers to prayers, miracles, guidance from God, etc.?", by reddit user FrethKindheart


"[Through] the theological lens of Adventists theology I have come to see God in such a loving way that it never ceases to amaze me. Time and time again I have found myself weeping at the revelation of his love and mesmerized at deeper revelations of his grace. To this day I continue to experience newer and richer insights into the love of God I never thought were there. I have tried to look at God through the lens of other theological glasses but all of them fall short of lifting up Jesus in the same way that true Adventism does."

-from "Why Am I A Seventh-Day Adventist?", by Pomopastor


"One of the reasons why I love being an Adventist is because of the blessings that come from reading the inspired counsel and writings of Ellen G. White.
...Our prophetess is not the first thing I bring up when I talk about the church I love... Ellen White’s writings have made me weep with conviction, pray with utter humility, and study the Bible as never before. In all areas of my life, she reminds me that 'He must increase, and I must decrease.' In a very real way, she has helped Jesus shine brighter in my life."

-from "A Gifted Church (Why I Love Being a Seventh-day Adventist, #3)", by Judy Ramos

No comments:

Post a Comment